Guide the transformation. Horizon Line Group has experience in delivering desired results across medium and long-term initiatives. Program Management is the process of managing multiple ongoing inter-dependent projects including: selecting the best group of programs, coordinating and prioritizing resources across projects, departments, and entities to ensure that resource contention is managed from a global focus; defining them in terms of their constituent projects and providing an infrastructure where projects can be run successfully. Areas of expertise include:
* Governance: Create the structure, and guide the process, and procedure to control operations and changes to performance objectives.
* Standards: Define the common structures.
* Alignment: Ensure support for high level vision, goals and objectives.
* Assurance: Verify and validate the program, ensuring adherence to standards and alignment with the vision.
* Management: Ensure there are regular reviews, there is accountability, and that management of projects, stakeholders and suppliers is in place.
* Integration: Optimize performance across the program value chain, functionally and technically.
* Finances: Tracking of finances is an important part of Program management and basic costs together with wider costs of administering the program are all tracked.
* Infrastructure: Allocation of resources influences the cost and success of the program. Infrastructure might cover offices, version control, and IT.
* Planning: Develop the plan bringing together the information on projects, resources, timescales, monitoring and control.
* Improvement: Continuously assess performance; research and develop new capabilities; and systemically apply learning and knowledge to the program.
Whether you’re looking to set up a new PMO, get help on specific programs, need a temporary program manager, or want an audit of current practices, we can bring the skills to meet your needs.
See Process Improvement is Strategy or select another service offering. Contact us from the About page.